Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Response to Madison's Ethics and Medicine Blog


         I am writing this blog in response to Madison’s blog.  In her ethics and medicine blog, Madison wrote about physician-assisted suicide.  Madison stated both sides very well and states her opinion and what she believes in excellently.  She was able to inform me of the situation and the pros and cons so I was able to have a background on what exactly is going on.  I have known about assisted suicide before this.  I learned about physician-assisted suicide in high school when I took a medical related class.  I have also heard it talked about on the news because it is a big issue going on. 
        I agree with how Madison feels about assisted suicide.  It is not right that a physician should be able to end someone’s life and kill the chances of a miracle happening or for them to keep on fighting causing the patient to survive.  The article Madison attached helped me get a feel better for what the pros and cons are.  I also thought the most compelling article was that against euthanasia.  What I think is a solid statement by Madison is when she stated, “Just because a person has decided his life is no longer worth living does not mean his doctor should have the ability to help him end his life.”  I agree with her completely.  It is not right that a doctor should be able to help end someone’s life no matter how much they are suffering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment